About The Ohio Ministry Network
We are glad you have stopped by the Ohio Ministry Network website!
We are a fellowship of more than 280 Ohio churches, more than 800 credentialed ministers, and thousands of church leaders across the Buckeye State driven by church health, church multiplication, missions partnership and leader development. We are committed to the common cause of building up one another as we devote ourselves to worshipping God, developing believers, and reaching out to the lost and hurting through evangelism and acts of compassion.
Through the connected leadership of our Network Resource Center in Columbus, fourteen geographical areas covering Ohio, and a variety of ministry-related networks, we encourage one another through communications, resources, events, training, and prayer.
Why We Exist
The Ohio Ministry Network exists to encourage and support Ohio families, churches and ministry leaders. We strive to equip and resource churches and pastors to tell the world about Jesus. Recognizing the synergistic mandates of the Great Commandment (love God first and then our neighbors as ourselves, Matthew’s Gospel, chapter 22:36-40) and the Great Commission (make disciples everywhere, Matthew’s Gospel, chapter 28:16-20), the Ohio Ministry Network of ministers and ministry leaders seeks to develop and resource fellow Spirit-filled leaders across Ohio so we can all be part of heaven’s plan to see the life-giving Church of Jesus Christ strengthened and multiplied.
Partnering with the Assemblies of God nationally and internationally, as well as the greater Body of Christ in Ohio, it is our collective desire to accomplish these goals as expressed in the following Mission, Values, Initiatives and Core Doctrines:
The Mission of the Ohio Ministry Network is
Developing leaders to multiply disciples of Jesus by the Spirit’s power.
In response to staggering brokenness all around us, WE VALUE a relentless pursuit of God’s presence and power via repentance, prayer, fasting, Spirit baptism, scriptural purity and holy living.
As an outflow of our love for God, WE VALUE Scripture’s mandate to esteem, include and serve each other with honor, including spiritual elders, minorities, and the marginalized or suffering.
Maximizing the effectiveness and authenticity of the Church, WE VALUE modeling a lifestyle and ministry approach marked by biblical intentionality, transparency and stewardship.
As Great Commission partners, WE VALUE the strategic networking of personnel and resources to communicate the gospel while modeling New Testament patterns of teaching and dialog.
- To resource pastors, ministers, and church leaders for effective ministry.
- To relationally network ministry leaders for encouragement and development.
- To credential those who we recognize have the call of God to full-time ministry.
- To be strategically intentional about the scheduling of network events.
- To sponsor leadership forums and ministry events for ministers and churches that pertain to health and development.
- WE BELIEVE…The Scriptures are Inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
- WE BELIEVE…There is only One True God–revealed in three persons…Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
- WE BELIEVE…In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God’s son Jesus was both human and divine.
- WE BELIEVE…though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin–ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
- WE BELIEVE…Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God Through ‘Salvation’ (trusting Christ, through faith and repentance, to be our personal Savior). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
- WE BELIEVE…and practice two ordinances—(1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
- WE BELIEVE…the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvationthat empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
- WE BELIEVE… The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘Speaking in Tongues,’ as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
- WE BELIEVE…Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christlike.
- WE BELIEVE…The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe ‘the Church’ is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
- WE BELIEVE…A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, to build up or edify the body of believers–the Church and to Meet human need with ministries of love and compassion.
- WE BELIEVE…Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians Today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
- WE BELIEVE…in The Blessed Hope—When Jesus Raptures His Church Prior to His Return to Earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
- WE BELIEVE…in The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace.
- WE BELIEVE…A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
- WE BELIEVE…and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. ‘And so shall we forever be with the Lord!’