A deposit of $250 is required to secure your spot.
Why should your church consider sending a team to Tanzania?
So that your pastor, board members, and ministry team can see firsthand the impact a network of churches can have when they make a radical commitment to reach their communities for Jesus!
February 10-23, 2019
$4500-$5000 per person*
*Price is subject to change as plans are solidified and does not include flight from Ohio to the departure city, passport, shots, or personal items or souvenirs.
(see schedule for what’s happening on particular days; this is not intended to be an exhaustive list)
- Comfortable clothing for travel days
- Pants for excursions
- Casual clothing for OMN meeting days and rest days (shorts are okay)
- Comfortable light colored clothing for safari days (avoid blue – it attracts tsetse flies)
- Zonal Conference Days, Church Services: Suits for men / Dresses or Skirts for women
- Comfortable shoes, sandals, socks (wearing and lounging)
- Light jacket or rain jacket (should not take up too much room in your suitcase)
- Handkerchief or Bandanna for safari (gets pretty dusty)
- Safari hat (or ball cap, etc.)
(It’s a long flight!)
- Neck pillow
- Eye mask
- Ear plugs
- Bottled water (purchase from airport)
- Disinfectant Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Facial cleansing cloth
- Travel tissues
- Compression socks
- Headphones (most overseas airlines will provide special headphones for in-flight movies, etc.)
- Extra Cell Phone Battery Packs (click here for example)
- Electricity converter and adapter (click here for example)
- Cellphone (check with your carrier about international travel options; if you do not plan for special coverage, you’ll want to keep your phone on airplane mode to avoid international charges)
- Laptop/Tablet/iPad (optional if you’d like to use it to work or take notes; most hotels will have internet)
- Malaria pills (discuss with your physician or a travel clinic; there are various options and some can make you feel pretty sick)
- Zpack (recommended by travel clinics for Travelers’ Diarrhea)
- Insect repellent with DEET (30%-35% concentration)
Misc. Items to Remember/Consider
- Credit card contact information (in case card is lost or stolen)
- $500 cash (100 dollar bills less than 10 year old; you’ll need this for tips and misc. expenses)
- Medical insurance card
- Travel medical insurance card (OMN will purchase this medical insurance for all participants and provide you with the card)
- Trip itinerary
- Copy of passport in suitcase (in case your passport gets lost or stolen)
- Laundry bag
- Binoculars (fun for safari)
- Small laundry soap pack (to handwash items)
The CDC recommends the following for travel to Tanzania (most immunizations are available through Kroger clinics, CVS, etc.):
- Routine Vaccinations (click here for Recommended Immunization Schedule for Adults Aged 19 Years or Older)
- Hepatitis A
- Typhoid (check with your insurance about coverage for this vaccination)
Other shots may be recommended for individuals with special health conditions.
See this special note from the CDC regarding Yellow Fever: CDC does not recommend yellow fever vaccine for most travelers to Tanzania. However, you might consider this vaccine if you are staying a long time or will be heavily exposed to mosquitoes. Country entry requirement: The government of Tanzania requires proof of yellow fever vaccination upon arrival if you are traveling from a country with risk of yellow fever (this does not include the US).
To obtain a US Passport, click here and follow the directions carefully! Passport pictures can be obtained easily at CVS or Walgreens.
For your return to the United States, we recommend that you download the Mobile Passport app to expedite your entry.
If your passport will expire before November 2019, you will need to obtain a new one.
- Passport (including photos)
- Shots (if not covered by insurance)
- $500 cash for tipping and other misc. expenses
- Flight from Ohio to coastal US city (TBD)
The below schedule is tentative:
Sun Feb 10 – Depart OH For Coastal US City/Evening Supper & Orientation [Group Hotel]
Mon Feb 11 – USA Departure
Tue Feb 12 – TZ/JRO Arrival [Group Hotel]
Wed Feb 13 – Thu Feb 14 – OMN Team Meeting w/TAG Leadership, Visit Church Planting Schools & Bible Schools [Group Hotel]
Fri Feb 15 – Travel To Safari, Start 24-hour One-night Safari w/Dinner [Safari Group Lodge]
Sat Feb 16 – End Safari w/Breakfast & Lunch, Evening Return To [Group Hotel]
Sun Feb 17 – Local Church AM Services, Visit TAG Projects, Rest [Group Hotel]
Mon Feb 18 – Travel To Conference Venues, Meet w/District & Sectional Leadership (Possible PM Opening Conference Service)
Tue Feb 19 – Conference Day 1
Wed Feb 20 – Conference Day 2
Thu Feb 21 – Conference Day 3, Depart From Conference Sometime After Lunch In Order To Arrive Before Dark To [Group Hotel]
Fri Feb 22 – Final Team Meeting, TZ Departure
Sat Feb 23 – USA Arrival